Monday, September 12, 2016

How to kill a guy in 10 seconds





Image result for florida as a gun



Zone Conference


Hi there everyone. There is so much to say and not enough time to say it. 

(if only you had a dollar for every time you read that in a missionaries email)






Well here's the thing about life right now.




Zone Conference was nerve rackingly scary and an insane adrenaline rush but also more importantly it was a spiritual overload and it was exactly what we all needed.



Easily one of the most important things ever is member missionary work.

Music is one of the quickest, most powerful ways to feel the Spirit 
(or send it out the window) Be careful what you listen to.






Be yourself. Be real. Be like the Savior. Keys to success right there.

Change is part of life, but if we repent daily and follow the Savior 
we will be changing with life for the better instead of the bitter.






those are some tidbits I was taught






Met an awesome hippie alcoholic that invited us over to help him get his life in order.


"I was googling and lookin for some salvation and came across your religion which seemed pretty cool and thought I'd check it out."


He's in a band. His mom and him have committed to baptism, pray for them because we are meeting with them tomorrow for the second time.


super cool moment with them after the opening prayer 

His mom was in tears and said "I want you girls to come back."



The Spirit was so strong. 


Were there billows of cigarette smoke? Yes. (that was a bit dramatic but it did smell that way)

Was the hippie guy sober? no


Was the Spirit there to bring him and his mom and us to tears and testify that they both can repent and change and come unto Christ? 

that my friends and family, is an unequivocal and nonnegotiable

YES





In wally world today some guy walked up and asked me what I want to be the rest of my life



I said an elementary teacher


he said now that would be extremely difficult.


then he said something along the lines of this:



"I was in the military 20 ish years. I killed people for a living."

"Thank you so much for all you have done for this country and-"

"No don't thank me. I didn't do it for America. I actually got to the point where I enjoyed it. Don't worry, I had counseling many years and I'm completely normal now. But I have had human skin stuck in my teeth, can you imagine that?"

"No."

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you. I learned how to kill someone in ten seconds let me explain.."




Then he explained -but shockingly enough it's a bit too graphic for me to even repeat. 




Then he asked me where I got my pretty eyes from and told me that he wanted to take them from me.....and we ran away because... no... not cool.




REMINDER TO EVERYONE

don't judge a book by it's cover but you can never be too careful.



this dude was an old, clean cut, nicely dressed man that looks like your neighborhood friend.





Nay. 



But we did get his number and address to send the ELDERS over because everyone needs Jesus.


"Ya'll need Jesus"  



Don't worry, we have a member in our ward who is a sniper (actually we have a few) and he will accompany the Elders just in case this guy isn't quite as normal as he thinks.





But on the real, this old man was very kind (in a kind of creepy way of course) but he still fought and went through so much for what? Think about it.

Why did he do that if we aren't going to live up to the standards this country was first established upon?



These brave men and women are risking their lives and their sanity and emotional stability for US.


Let us always retain the right to LIFE LIBERTY and the PURSUIT of happiness and remember that PURSUIT is an ACTION word that equals what?


WORK



"This Work Is Gonna Fix What Don't Work Anymore"


diligence


work


prayers


"He died to make men holy let us LIVE to make men FREE while TRUTH is marching on."






Keep marching on and pursuing what you love 
and pursuing the things that bring life to the life you live.







SHOUT OUT TO TWO PEOPLE



both named Madison/syn




Madison Corbin
 I love your guts and I'm so happy I was able to come here to Crestview and meet you. You're stuck with me forever, have fun at BYU. I wish you could stay, but I know you will have amazing adventures there<3
(side note: Before I came on the mission I posted a picture on an insta page telling where I was going so people that are there/also going there could see and we could connect. Madison messaged me and made me feel so welcomed to Florida even before I set foot here. She told me she lived in Crestview and gave me advice about the mission. Low and behold, I got transferred to her ward and got to go on splits with her. What are the odds? I love her so much even though she's leaving me;)
Shout out to Taylor Corbin for this skirt and Sister White for capturing this face;)






Madisyn Stevens (Steve)
Holy Cow
You are getting set apart tonight. I couldn't be more proud or excited for you as you take this huge step into the rest of forever. My mission president told me as soon as I got here, that the MTC (Missionary Training Center) prepares you for the mission and the mission is the MTC for the rest of your life.. and then some. There are so many eternal principles that you already know and understand that I can't even imagine how amazing of a missionary you will be and become. I LOVE YOU so incredibly much.
Please know that<3! Now go give them Heaven Sister Stevens. I know you will.
#SwagInTheSisterhood



Make it a great day!
Sister Saunders




No comments:

Post a Comment